BACOG strongly supports local government authority over local decision-making and the right to self-determination
2022 LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES
Protect Local Government Revenues
- Restore the local portion of LGDF to the state’s original commitment of 10% to ensure municipalities can provide core services that have a direct, day-to-day impact on individual residents’ lives.
- Release bond funds to fulfill the commitments made in 2019 for shovel-ready capital projects.
Support Statewide Public Safety
- Ensure public safety reforms preserve qualified immunity for lawful actions by police and local officials, avoid unfunded state mandates, and re-amortize downstate pension obligations.
Empower Local Decision-Making
- Authorize local governments to determine when remote meetings are appropriate for their community’s unique circumstances and provide meeting notices electronically.
Protect Water Quality
- Fund groundwater research and protection efforts, especially for shallow aquifers of the northwest suburban area and BACOG region.
- Provide sufficient funding for lead line replacement programs that may be expended and repaid over a reasonable and manageable period of time.
The Barrington Area Council of Governments (BACOG) is a voluntary association of elected officials that promotes cooperative arrangements and the interests of its local government members.
112 Algonquin Rd / Barrington Hills IL 60010 / 847.381.7871
BACOG 2022 LEGISLATIVE PLATFORM
For further information, please contact:
Kimberly B. Saunders, Executive Director
Barrington Area Council of Governments
112 Algonquin Road, Barrington Hills, IL 60010